Consider an ultrasound exam in Ames if you are pregnant
Getting an ultrasound can be an important next step in evaluating all your pregnancy options.
At Obria Medical Clinics limited obstetrical ultrasounds are performed to:
- Confirm pregnancy
- Detect fetal heartbeat
- Determine fetal age
- Determine due date
- Determine location of pregnancy (intrauterine/ectopic)
The ultrasound examination will not diagnose gender, abnormalities, and/or problems
Preparing for your visit
Please bring your Photo ID and Insurance Card.
- Remember to drink enough water
- Your appointment will range between 45 and 90 minutes
- If you have little ones, please get child care or bring someone to help watch them during your visit.
- Your support person is welcome to come with you to your appointment whether it be a significant other, friend, or family member.
Note: We cannot guarantee an ultrasound.
The medical staff determines if a patient qualifies for this service.
Ames is a city located in the central part of Story County, Iowa, United States. It is located approximately 30 miles (48 km) north of Des Moines, and had a 2017 population of 66,498. The U.S. Census Bureau designates the Ames metropolitan statistical area as encompassing all of Story County; combined with the Boone, Iowa micropolitan statistical area (Boone County, Iowa), the pair make up the larger Ames-Boone combined statistical area.