Abortion Pill Near Arbor Chase, Lawrenceville, GA
Mifeprex (RU-486 / Medical Abortion Pill)
According to Planned Parenthood, the Abortion Pill can be used until 10 weeks LMP (Last Menstrual Period), however, its effectiveness may decrease as the pregnancy progresses.1
The FDA approved regimen for Mifiprex (RU-486) is a two-visit process using two different drugs 2:
- Mifepristone is given orally during the first office visit. Mifepristone blocks progesterone from sustaining the pregnancy, thereby ending the life of the baby.
- Misoprostol tablets are given orally 48 hours later. The misoprostol will cause contractions to expel the baby’s remains. This does not take place at the medical office and may occur within a few hours or up to two weeks after taking misoprostol.
- A physical exam is given by the healthcare provider about 7-14 days later to ensure the abortion is complete and that there are no immediate complications.
Risks and Side Effects
- Not advised for women who have anemia, bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, seizure disorder, acute inflammatory bowel disease, use an intrauterine device (IUD), or are unable to return for the follow-up visit.
- Cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heavy bleeding, infection and in rare cases, death.
- In a small percentage of pregnancies, the procedure may be unsuccessful in terminating the pregnancy. This risk increases with the length of your pregnancy. 3
- If you have taken the first dose of the pill and are experiencing doubts about your abortion, it may be possible to reverse your abortion. Every hour since your first dose of the abortion pill matters, so it’s important to call the Abortion Reversal Hotline at 877-558-0333 or an OB provider as soon as possible.
Fetal Development Weeks 4-8
The following describes some of the developmental steps of the baby during the time frame when a woman is eligible for a medication abortion. 4
- All major systems and organs begin to form.
- The beginnings of the eyes and ears are developing.
- Tiny limb buds appear, which will develop into arms and legs.
- The heart is beating.
- All major body systems continue to develop and function, including the circulatory, nervous, digestive, and urinary systems.
- The eyes, nose, mouth, and ears are becoming more distinct.
- The embryo is in constant motion but cannot be felt by the mother.
Are you considering abortion near Lawrenceville, GA? Are you unsure of your options? Here at Obria Medical Clinics we specialize in helping you through the process. Our onsite medical professionals will answer your questions in a caring and confidential way. We would be happy to serve you.
Contact us today:
Obria Medical Clinics
565 Old Norcross Road, Suite 200
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Call or Text: 770-338-1680
Lawrenceville is a city in and the county seat of Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States. It is a suburb of Atlanta, located approximately 30 miles (48 km) northeast of downtown. Nearby cities are Dacula to the east, Buford to the north, Suwanee to the north-northwest, Duluth to the northwest , Norcross to the west, Lilburn to the southwest, Snellville to the south, and Grayson to the southeast.
1 Planned Parenthood (2019). How effective is the abortion Pill? Retrieved from https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/the-abortion-pill
2 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). Mifeprex Medication Guide. U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM088643.pdf))
3 Mifeprex Label (2016), Table 4.
4 Johns Hopkins Medicine (n.d.). Pregnancy: The First Trimester. Retrieved from https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/pregnancy_and_childbirth/first_trimester_85,p01218